Wednesday, May 6, 2009

God blessed Texas - especially Austin

So I know that a lot of non-Texans get annoyed that we Texans talk to highly of our state, but I just have to say it... I love Austin.

I think I have the best drive to and from work every day. This is my route: 2222 W. to 360, across the bridge and south to Bee Caves. And then I get to drive it back at the end of the day. I have just been amazed at how beautiful it is - the windy, hilly roads, the views of Town Lake, the rocky and stoney cliffs, the different shades of green trees that fill the hills...the views are breath-taking. While slowly inching along in rush hour traffic can often be frustrating, I realized that it allows me more time to soak in the sights.

I thank God that He created such beauty for us to live in and to enjoy.

...I'll have to find or take some pictures for a good visual to put up here soon. In the meantime, if you don't know what I'm talking about...COME VISIT!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Well said... I think all of Texas is beautiful, but Austin, once it becomes my home, will take on a beauty of its own...
    I have to say, your drive IS a gorgeous one..and what a blessing to get to see all that beauty twice a day! It's all in how we look at things, isn't it? I feel the same about the drive from our house to the front of Kingwood, I love the trees! But not all Kingwoodites (word?) feel this way.. With all that complaining, they don't know what they're missing

    ReplyDelete