Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Corduroy

I saw this book at a garage sale recently and instantly remembered loving it when I was little. It was in perfect condition, except for the handwritten note on the first page from Aunt Laura. So far it has been the best $0.25 investment I've made.

Sierra loved it from the first minute! and you might notice why...her VERY best friend has been her little bear ("Goo", as Sierra calls him - and which she now calls every bear she sees...I have no idea where it came from), who happens to look exactly like Corduroy - minus the corduroy overalls!!



on this page Corduroy falls off the bed and bumps his head - his hands are on his head. Sierra loves this page and hits her own head and says "uhoh" when she sees this part of the story.

we have read it sooooooooooo many times! she wouldn't even let go of it when I had to change her diaper.

in the last month we have definitely entered into that obsessing stage where she likes something and wants to do/read it over and over and over...and even asks about it when she doesn't see it.

but it makes me happy that she loves Corduroy just like I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment