Several months ago my mom was watching Sierra while I went to my OBGYN appt and shopping for a lamp. She calls me while I'm out and says "Did you know your little girl can count to twelve?!"
I said "no way, I've never heard heresy more than 1, 2, 3 and that's just when playing certain games with daddy where he counts 1,2,3 at the beginning.
Apparently mom and Siera were sitting on the porch swing and mom said 1, Sierra said 2, mom said 3, Sierra said 4 and on until 12! I tried many times to get her to do it again and while I didnt hear it all at the same time, she did say almost all of them.
The only thing I could attribute this to (sadly) is Elmo. She watches the last 20 min of Sesame Street after breakfast and Elmo always dies counting.
Since then I ask her all the time and as of 2 weeks ago, this is how she counts, all by herself "One, twooo, tee, siix, seven, eight, nine, TEN, weven, tewve" (she draws out each one and uses a lot of inflection, it's pretty cute)
Idon't think she understands the counting concept quite yet but. At least she's familiar with the numbers!
No comments:
Post a Comment