Thursday, June 28, 2012

Letters

Sierra loves letters!!!!!!

She has known all her letters (uppercase) for awhile, learned all of their sounds over a month ago and now knows some of the lowercase ones!

She loves to look at words and sentences and proudly shout out every letter. It's funny that she still doesn't completely get the left to right reading concept, so sometimes she calls out the letters in a random order, but gets all of them right!

My favorite is when I'm driving and she has a book in her hand and from the backseat I hear this sweet voice saying "T-H-E-W-E-A-T-H-E-R".

I have to give a lot of credit to the video "Letter Factory" by Leap Frog. It reinforced the identifying of letters (we had been practicing with magnets) and completely taught her every sound! I did not teach her a single letter sound and now she knows all of them! Pretty amazing! I mean, she did watch it every day for a couple weeks!! (much better than her previous obsession with the Wonder Pets)

Go get it if you can - or borrow it from the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment