Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sierra's Big Girl Bed!!!

She is growing up. We were hoping to delay this even a little longer, but we needed to make the switch before our upcoming vacation - taking 2 pack n plays on a flight across the country just doesn't sound very fun.

I began the search for a good bed a while back, and finally found the perfect one. It's precious. It has a trundle bed too, so one day it will be fun for sleepovers  :)

I'm not sure I can explain how much Sierra LOVED her crib. Probably it has a lot to do with her (still) obsession with her pacifier, which she only gets at naps and bedtime...in her crib. But, even besides that, I know she loved her crib. We have been hyping up the big girl bed for a long time, but I don't think she really understood it until she was in it....and even then, I'm not so sure she understood.

Kyle put it all together and then I added the pillows, blankets and special stuffed animals. Then, we brought her in to see it all put together...

She gasped, said "Wow! I love it!.... where's my new crib?!". Hmmm. I think she was a bit confused. All 3 of us (Reid was already asleep), climbed in and read stories together in the new bed. I am SO excited about this part of the new bed - reading stories together, tucked in and snuggling! She did great - she stayed in until we got her in the morning, didn't even try to get out. It's pretty high so knowing her she might be a little scared to get down on her own. This is a good thing!

But it took her a very long time to fall asleep. She tossed and turned all through the night and eventually ended up sleeping with her head at the end of the bed. I had to pile up a bunch of pillows to try to keep her from falling off and to add cushion to the floor, in case she did fall.

Now she has been napping for almost 2 hours and hasn't moved an inch from where I tucked her in! She looks so little and yet so big at the same time in there!

She is growing up so fast. I just love this little (I mean big) girl to pieces!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment