i've come to realize that when you're pregnant, there are a few common questions that people ask. ...and i guess when i stop and think about it, i've asked these same things to pregnant ladies in the past. i wonder what it is that makes us all ask the same questions?
as people ask if i've been craving anything, so far my answer has been pretty boring because i don't feel like i've had any out of the ordinary (for me) desires. well, except for the week that i couldn't stop thinking about cheeseburgers until i finally ate one. weird.
but, as of the last few days i now have a new answer. not only am i craving one thing, i am craving about 20 somethings! i've been having trouble sleeping and the last few nights i have noticed that as i lay in bed tossing and turning, my mind continues to turn to food. all i can think about is what i want to eat and i will plan out food for the week in my head...keep in mind this is at like 2am. last night i went through all of the restaurants i wanted to eat at and what i would order at each one. i mean, i've always been one to love food...but seriously, this is a little out of hand!
does this count as "a" food craving? or am i just crazy and really hungry? i guess the good news is that the nausea is gone and i actually have an apetite now!
now i'll tell people that i don't have a food craving, i have foodS cravingS!!!
***update: we are at the end of week 12 and moving into the last week of the 1st trimester! and our little Fraziercito/a is about the size of a lime :) ***
Congratulations! Sorry I missed your call a couple of weeks ago. We are so excited up here in the NW. Glad you are over the nausea and can enjoy those food cravings! :) Love, Vicki (and Dave, too)
ReplyDeleteI actually craved beer while I was pregnant. Oh and not being able to sleep was pretty normal for me. I would wake up regularly in the middle of the night for long periods of time. I love that you thought of all your restaurants and what you would eat each one. I'll have to remember that next time I cannot fall asleep.
ReplyDeleteI am not pregnant, but I have totally done the restaurant thing before! That was precious.
ReplyDeletei craved Cheeseburgers too! the most unhealthy kind there is! i felt ashamed so it´s nice to hear there´s someone else out there.
ReplyDeletekeep the blogging up, i love it!
beautiful story. i cant wait for another!
ReplyDeleteI once drove around Austin for 30 minutes looking for a McDonald's (I never go there!) in desperate need of chicken mcnuggets, fries and a dr. pepper. I was sick as a dog afterward but it was so worth it. I think the baby appreciated it...
ReplyDelete... was Thionis on the list, Miss Jen? It's always on mine! :) How wild that there's a little tiny fraziercito in you... miss you both!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited y'all have a blog! And, I think you have found the perfect answer to the food craving question, because people do not stop asking it. One time I thought about a passion tea lemonade for days, and when I finally ordered one, a venti didn't even seem big enough!
ReplyDelete~Melissa F